Enjoy Life!

Enjoy Life!

Clementi Ward YM ROX!!!

Clementi Ward YM ROX!!!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

BMT excursion trip

My class went with the JC1 cohort to the BMTC (Basic military training center) at Pulau Tekong. i really enjoyed myself with the class there.

We had to take a ferry there. Really dislike the waters especially when the ferry goes up and down.
Waiting for the Ferry=)

At the jetty. (feeling bored with the crazy faces)

Anyways we had a briefing by 1 of the officers who also shared his experience in the army. It was really interesting. we had several different stations to go to and our first was the bunks where the recruits sleep. It looks kinda nice and neat so i don't think i would mind when i enter BMT. next we went to this cool place where we could try the SAR 21. It was awesome and cool! I shot well only after realizing how to properly aim. I think that was the most exciting part of the excursion.

We then headed to the obstacle course where a recruit demonstrated how to complete each obstacle. They then let us try the monkey bar and rope climbing as we call it. (im not sure what the real name of it was) Anyways there was 2 that volunteered and i was chosen. WAH!!! not sure why they chose me. But i was certainly surprised. Anyways i was ask to try the monkey bar. Crap i did it kinda slow, the bar was really slippery. But i'm glad i completed it. =) my class cheered me on too. haha so nice of them.

ok, the next station was not a foreign station to me as i had tried some of the things there. It was the ration food and camouflaging cream station. I did not try the food ration as i tried it before. But i definitely had the camouflaging cream on my face. At first my face was clean without any cream then suddenly Yan Ning wipe some black cream on my face. I realized that all her classmates had some on either try face or arm. Hahas. Gabriel had his face all painted so i decided to have mine too. It was actually not that bad as i expected. Quite cool by the way. Here's a pic.

Thats me with the green face=)

Our last station was the equipment station. Nothing much there just that you get to try on the uniform, feel how heavy or 'light' the bagpack is and how heavy or 'light' the real rifle is.
About 30 mins later, we were back at the jetty to take the ferry back.

On the Bus back!

On the whole i really enjoyed this experience there. Feel kinda lucky to actually see for myself what i would expect when i enter the army. For your info, Pulau Tekong is 1 degree higher that singapore. The Camou cream was not that easy as i thought to remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment